By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Hot Fm Ghana
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Audio Downloads
  • Videos
  • Hotfm TV
Reading: Cameroun Rocked By Age Fraud As 21 Under-17 Players Are Disqualified
  • Follow Us
Hot Fm GhanaHot Fm Ghana
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Audio Downloads
  • Videos
  • Hotfm TV
Follow US
© 2024 Hot FM Ghana. All Rights Reserved | Powered By: WeWrite Technologies.
Hot Fm Ghana > Sports > Cameroun Rocked By Age Fraud As 21 Under-17 Players Are Disqualified
SportsTop stories

Cameroun Rocked By Age Fraud As 21 Under-17 Players Are Disqualified

WeWrite Ghana
By WeWrite Ghana
Published: January 13, 2023
Share
SHARE

Age fraud scandal rages on as DR Congo withdraws from the U17 Africa Cup of Nations after 25 out of 40 players FAILED MRI tests… hot on the heels of the saga that rocked Cameroon with 32 footballers failing tests ordered by Samuel Eto’o

The Democratic Republic of Congo has pulled out of a regional qualifying tournament for the 2023 Under-17 African Cup of Nations after 25 out of 40 players failed mandatory age testing.

It comes after the saga rocked Cameroon earlier this month, with a total of 32 players failing tests which had been ordered by Samuel Eto’o, the president of the country’s football association.

A statement from the Congolese football federation (FECOFA) said they were forced to withdraw after ‘only 15 were eligible and 25 failed of the 40 players submitted for MRI testing.’

However, of the 15 players who passed the age test, the statement also revealed that ‘only five managed to complete the necessary administrative formalities’ that would have allowed them to travel to Cameroon.

BBC Sport Africa reported that Cameroon found 30 replacement players in a race against time to take part in the qualifiers for the U17 AFCON. 

Unlike those who failed, the 30 players have all passed Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests in Douala.

The tests are used to determine a player’s age by scanning their wrists and measuring bone growth.

The Indomitable Lions will not be able to kick off the tournament on January 12 as scheduled due to DR Congo’s withdrawal. 

Four countries – Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Chad and Central African Republic – will now take part in the qualifying competition, with the Central African Football Federations’ Union (UNIFFAC) rescheduling fixtures between January 12 and 24.

Unlike those who failed, the 30 players have all passed Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests in Douala.

The tests are used to determine a player’s age by scanning their wrists and measuring bone growth.

The Indomitable Lions will not be able to kick off the tournament on January 12 as scheduled due to DR Congo’s withdrawal. 

Four countries – Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Chad and Central African Republic – will now take part in the qualifying competition, with the Central African Football Federations’ Union (UNIFFAC) rescheduling fixtures between January 12 and 24.

Age fraud has been a long-running concern for African football, with many of their international successes at the junior level clouded by allegations of over-age players.

Accusations have regularly been made but there has seemingly been little attempt to investigate it from the authorities.

Cameroon has twice been African champions at the Under-17 level and Fecafoot previously blocked 14 players from competing in the Under-17 AFCON tournament in 2017 after failing MRI tests, introduced by FIFA at the 2009 Under-17 World Cup. 

In the summer, Cameroon’s Football Federation summoned 44 players from eight different clubs for a hearing into alleged age or identity cheating, highlighting their attempts to deal with the problem.

After the first 21 out of the 32 players failed tests, Fecafoot outlined their nation’s position following the failed tests.

They had said: ‘The Cameroonian Football Federation informs public opinion that as part of the preparations for the UNIFFAC Limbe 2023 tournament, qualifying for the next African U17 Nations Championship, 21 players out of the 30 currently in training have failed at the outcome of the MRI tests. 

‘They were immediately removed from the group. Steps were immediately taken for their replacement. 

‘This action is the result of strict instructions given by the President of FECAFOOT acting under the mandate of the COMEX, to put an end to the tampering with civil status records which have, in the past, tarnished the image of the apex body of the Cameroon football. FECAFOOT urges all actors, in particular educators, to ensure that the ages by category are respected.’ 

 

 

Source: Daily Mail

You Might Also Like

Samuel Boadu To Be Sacked After FA CUP Final; Expatriate Coach To Replace Him
Ministry Advocates Increase In Duties On Tobacco, Alcohol & Sugar-Sweetened Beverages
US-Based Company Sues Groupe Nduom, 18 Others Alleging Money Laundering, Wire Fraud
Patrice Evra On A Four-Day Tour In Ghana
Alleged Mastermind in Cecilia Dapaah Stealing Case Jumped Bail at Juvenile Court — Court Told
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Popular from Foxiz

PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

By Angela Marfo
1 Min Read

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

By Angela Marfo
EntertainmentTop stories

Veteran Actor,Waakye On the Verge of Death;Rushed to Spiritual Home

By Angela Marfo
2 Min Read
- Advertisement -
Ad image
PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

Social commentator and former coach of Asante Kotoko football club,  Opeele Boateng has admonished the largest…

By Angela Marfo
Entertainment

I’m a Kumerican Hollywood Superstar – Lil Win

Ghanaian entertainer Lil Win is doing some crazy stuff to help the new Kumerica movement stay on top…

By Angela Marfo
News

Wassa Fiase: Chiefs Demand Reinstatement of Odeneho Akrofa Krukoko II

Chiefs of Wassa Fiase Traditional Council have petitioned the President Nana Akufo-Addo to help reinstate Odeneho…

By Angela Marfo
EntertainmentTop stories

Veteran Actor,Waakye On the Verge of Death;Rushed to Spiritual Home

It was learnt a few weeks ago that Veteran Ghanaian actor and comedian, Prince Yawson, popular…

By Angela Marfo
PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

Social commentator and former coach of Asante Kotoko football club,  Opeele Boateng has admonished the largest…

By Angela Marfo
Hot Fm Ghana

Hot FM is a privately owned radio station in Accra, Ghana. Hot FM broadcasts both on 93.9 FM and online.

Top Stories

Joseph Matthew’s ‘Walk’ is 2026’s biggest Gospel song – Hitz FM’s DJ Briddash [Video]
August 16, 2026
“TOR will burn” – Eagle Prophet drops shocking doom prophecy [Video]
August 12, 2026
Sherifa Gunu returns with another monster hit song ‘South Africa’
August 4, 2026

Politics

Amenfi Central NDC communication officers to meet MP
August 13, 2026
Akim Oda MP insists NPP’s ‘Democracy under Attack’ protest will go ahead despite ‘fake letters’
August 5, 2026
Court freezes 5 bank accounts, 4 properties of Dennis ‘Miracles’ Aboagye
August 3, 2026

Entertainment

Joseph Matthew’s ‘Walk’ is 2026’s biggest Gospel song – Hitz FM’s DJ Briddash [Video]
August 16, 2026
V12 Origenator unleashes stunning video for new hit single ‘Abonten’
August 14, 2026
Sherifa Gunu returns with another monster hit song ‘South Africa’
August 4, 2026

© 2026 Hot FM Ghana. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account