By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Hot Fm Ghana
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Audio Downloads
  • Videos
  • Hotfm TV
Reading: Kufuor, Mahama, Others To Sign Book Of Condolence In Memory Of Rawlings On Monday – State Protocol
  • Follow Us
Hot Fm GhanaHot Fm Ghana
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Audio Downloads
  • Videos
  • Hotfm TV
Follow US
© 2024 Hot FM Ghana. All Rights Reserved | Powered By: WeWrite Technologies.
Hot Fm Ghana > Uncategorized > Kufuor, Mahama, Others To Sign Book Of Condolence In Memory Of Rawlings On Monday – State Protocol
Uncategorized

Kufuor, Mahama, Others To Sign Book Of Condolence In Memory Of Rawlings On Monday – State Protocol

WeWrite Ghana
By WeWrite Ghana
Published: November 15, 2020
Share
SHARE

The State Protocol Department has scheduled former presidents John Agyekum Kufuor, John Dramani Mahama to sign the book of condolence opened in memory of the late President Jerry John Rawlings on Monday, November 16.

The two former heads of state are expected at the Accra International Conference Centre where the book will be open between 10:15am and 10.45am.

This will be after The Rt. Hon. Speaker of Parliament Aaron Mike Oquaye; the Chief Justice His Lordship Anin Yeboah; members of the Judicial Committee; as well as Justices of the Supreme Court have signed between 9.00am and 10.10am.

According to a release by Nana Enoch Osei-Mensah, the Head of Protocol at the Office of the Vice President and Moderator of the signing of the book of condolence, details of the signing of the book will be available at the foyer of the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) on November 16 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

The schedule, according to the statement, is necessary “due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

The statement comes after the controversy surrounding why John Mahama and the NDC leadership were prevented from signing the book.

On Friday, November 13, prior to his signing of the book, Johnson Asiedu Nketia, the NDC General Secretary claimed that the book of condolence was taken away to deliberately prevent the NDC flagbearer from signing it.

“We were at the residence of the family to offer our condolences,” Johnson Asiedu Nketia told journalists, Asiedu Nketiah told reporters. “The maternal family from Anlo was represented, the nuclear family as well. We were led by our flagbearer. Upon arrival, we were informed that the book of condolence had been taken to the [Accra International] Conference Centre, so we should go there.

He continued: “By the time we reached there, the state officials had locked up the [Accra] International Conference Centre, taking the book away. When we enquired, we were told that they had been directed to prevent Mr. Mahama from signing.”

Read below the full statement from the State Protocol Department.



‘He can’t be replaced’ – Rawlings’ family in Keta speaks about his death
Volume 90%

 

You Might Also Like

Edibeck Consult Leads Ghanaian Students To Summer Camps Holland
Man Accidentally Chops Off His Balls While Dreaming Of Cutting Meat
Hot FM issues apology to Eugene Arhin following controversial comments
Election Petition: Stop Harassing My Witness – Tsatsu To Judge
4 arrested in connection with Asamankese burial shooting incident
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Popular from Foxiz

PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

By Angela Marfo
1 Min Read

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

By Angela Marfo
EntertainmentTop stories

Veteran Actor,Waakye On the Verge of Death;Rushed to Spiritual Home

By Angela Marfo
2 Min Read
- Advertisement -
Ad image
PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

Social commentator and former coach of Asante Kotoko football club,  Opeele Boateng has admonished the largest…

By Angela Marfo
Entertainment

I’m a Kumerican Hollywood Superstar – Lil Win

Ghanaian entertainer Lil Win is doing some crazy stuff to help the new Kumerica movement stay on top…

By Angela Marfo
News

Wassa Fiase: Chiefs Demand Reinstatement of Odeneho Akrofa Krukoko II

Chiefs of Wassa Fiase Traditional Council have petitioned the President Nana Akufo-Addo to help reinstate Odeneho…

By Angela Marfo
EntertainmentTop stories

Veteran Actor,Waakye On the Verge of Death;Rushed to Spiritual Home

It was learnt a few weeks ago that Veteran Ghanaian actor and comedian, Prince Yawson, popular…

By Angela Marfo
PoliticsTop storiesVideos

VIDEO: Ghanaian Youth Do Not Need ‘Okada’-Opeele Boateng Tells NDC

Social commentator and former coach of Asante Kotoko football club,  Opeele Boateng has admonished the largest…

By Angela Marfo
Hot Fm Ghana

Hot FM is a privately owned radio station in Accra, Ghana. Hot FM broadcasts both on 93.9 FM and online.

Top Stories

Joseph Matthew’s ‘Walk’ is 2026’s biggest Gospel song – Hitz FM’s DJ Briddash [Video]
August 16, 2026
“TOR will burn” – Eagle Prophet drops shocking doom prophecy [Video]
August 12, 2026
Sherifa Gunu returns with another monster hit song ‘South Africa’
August 4, 2026

Politics

Amenfi Central NDC communication officers to meet MP
August 13, 2026
Akim Oda MP insists NPP’s ‘Democracy under Attack’ protest will go ahead despite ‘fake letters’
August 5, 2026
Court freezes 5 bank accounts, 4 properties of Dennis ‘Miracles’ Aboagye
August 3, 2026

Entertainment

Joseph Matthew’s ‘Walk’ is 2026’s biggest Gospel song – Hitz FM’s DJ Briddash [Video]
August 16, 2026
V12 Origenator unleashes stunning video for new hit single ‘Abonten’
August 14, 2026
Sherifa Gunu returns with another monster hit song ‘South Africa’
August 4, 2026

© 2026 Hot FM Ghana. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account