God has promised us that we are his people and he will always hear us out when we call Him. During hard times we should not hesitate to call on our Creator for help.
Here are a few quotations to lean on in times like this:
1. Psalm 55:22 “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
A powerful verse, Psalm 55:22, touches on how you don’t have to go it alone when times are tough. Instead, turn to the Lord who will ‘sustain’ you and help you get through it. Regular prayer and keeping God in your heart is the greatest way to keep your spirits up.
2. Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
We periodically forget that God is always with us. When times are good and we are feeling blessed, we tend to praise God. But, when times are bad, it can be a common thought to believe that he has abandoned you in your moment of need. This is not true though. As this Bible verse mentions, God is “very present” even when we are faced with difficulties and will help us get through them.
3. Psalm 9:9 “The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.”
Similar to the previous verse, Psalm 9:9 emphasizes placing your trust in God. Whether in good times or bad times, this is something we should strive to do every day. God will help you as long as you continue to trust Him.
4. Mark 10:27 “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man, this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.’”
A very popular verse amongst athletes, Mark 10:27 is an excellent verse to turn to when you need that extra motivation to take on the day. This is a great verse for when doubt starts to creep into your mind. Don’t let it, and remember that “all things are possible with God.”
5. Psalm 37:23-24 “The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.”
This a fantastic verse that touches on the idea that sometimes God may test us, or that sometimes the world isn’t perfect. However, you will never fall when you place your faith in God.
6. 1 Timothy 6:12 “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
The first line in 1 Timothy 6:12 is particularly beautiful and encouraging: “Fight the good fight of the faith.” Essentially, this verse inspires you to never give up and to keep doing what’s right. Those who continue to fight the good fight will find happiness.
7. Psalm 28:6-7 “Praise be to the LORD for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
While this entire verse is excellent, “The Lord is my strength and my shield…” is a particularly powerful section. When times are tough, the Lord will help give you the strength needed to carry on. It’s important to never forget that.
8. Psalm 62:5-8 “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken. My salvation and my honour depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”
Touching on similar ideas as past verses on this list, Psalm 62:5-8 encompasses a lot of good messages. For those that trust in God, he will act as your rock; your fortress and you will not be shaken.
9. Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
God has a plan for all of us and this verse from Jeremiah explains that perfectly. When we trust in this plan and seek God with all our hearts, good things will happen.
10. Ezra 10:4 “Rise up…take courage and do it.”
A great verse for those that need motivation, sometimes it takes a little grit and courage to get through things. God will help you find the courage you need to take on the challenges that lay ahead.