Bayern Munich Suspends Sadio Mane For Assaulting Teammate Leroy Sane


Sadio Mane has been temporarily suspended by Bayern Munich, the Bundesliga giants have confirmed.

The forward allegedly punched Leroy Sane in the face during an angry dressing room bust-up on Tuesday night as players came to terms with their 3-0 loss to Manchester City.

The club is now on the verge of exiting at the quarter-final stage following the first-leg defeat at the Etihad.

According to Sky Sports, Mane and Sane were involved in an altercation that saw the former punch the latter in the face.

The 31-year-old was reportedly angry at how the forward spoke to him and it led to fists being thrown with Bayern players having to break up the fracas.

The punch reportedly led to Sane’s lip being split open while both players had to be separated by the rest of the squad and led into different rooms.

Bayern has now taken action, with a club statement confirming Mane will be fined and has been made unavailable for selection for Saturday’s Bundesliga clash with Hoffenheim.

“Sadio Mane, 31, will not be in the FC Bayern squad for the home game against 1899 Hoffenheim next Saturday,” a Bayern statement reads.

“The reason is Mane’s misconduct after FC Bayern’s Champions League game at Manchester City. In addition, Mane will receive a fine.”

The pair were seen training together on Thursday morning but didn’t look happy, while Sane did his best to hide his lip as he left Manchester.

The two players were seen arguing on the pitch shortly after Erling Haaland made it 3-0 to put the tie all but beyond reach.

Mane had started on the bench but came on with Bayern desperately chasing a goal, while Sane played the entire 90 minutes.

But neither had any impact as Pep Guardiola’s men hammered the German giants.

Bayern was brutally punished by a ferocious City, who could have had more if not for Yann Sommer’s heroics in goal.

Rodri opened the scoring with a beautiful left-footed shot from outside the box and the Germans had no answer.

Bernardo Silva doubled City’s lead in the 70th minute with a bullet header, before Haaland put the cherry on the cake just moments later.

City travel to Munich next week for the second leg with Tuchel now having plenty of work to do.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.